Fireman’s Insurance Building
Washington DC – The Fireman’s Insurance Company began its operations in 1838 in downtown Washington DC, and settled at its present address in 1882. The structure exemplifies restrained Queen Anne detailing, lacking the richness and minuteness characteristic of the style. Instead the building uses volumetric complications; which adapt well to the corner site.
The Gilder’s Studio was commissioned to re-gild with a new layer of 23.75 KT gold leaf.