Church of the Holy Sepulchre
Jerusalem (circa 1099)- Using 23.50 KT gold leaf, we prepared and gilded over 8,000 square of ornamental metal and plaster on the interior and exterior of the Great Cupola.
The 12 Main Rays are large scale GFRG elements which were textured , gilded and toned to read from the floor. We also painted and stenciled 128 stars ranging in size from 3’ to 1’ wide in 23.50 KT gold leaf in addition to the 32’ wide ring around the oculus, which was gilded and glazed to provide depth, as the element was viewed from 100’ below.
In addition we cleaned and re-gilded twenty 8’ long wrought iron balustrades dating from the Russian Decoration in 1869, replicating the original design in 23 KT yellow and 12 KT white gold. We also prepared and gilded the 16’ tall wrought iron exterior cross atop the dome from the same era.
Church of The Holy Sepulchre Presentation at the Smithsonian
(PDF opens in a new window)